I got my toes in the water....ass in the sand...not a worry in the world...a cold beer in my hand...life is good today...life is good today...

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

EPIC......

Warning this is not the same blog that I usually write...ok proceed with caution...I started using Pinterest and it's a very interesting social network. It is a collection of things such as recipes, photographs, DIY crafts, household things. What happens is that you view things that other people post or that you post yourself and you apply them to your pin boards. Pin boards are you personal collection of things that you find that reflect your style in some way or just things that you may like to try. Very interesting shit....anyway I came across pin and it read simply the word "EPIC" At first I was like what the hell is that supposed to mean anyway. But it caught my eye and I repinned it to my board under the heading "inspiring". I am not sure why I thought it was inspiring, but it really didn't fit anywhere else on my space.....
Everytime that I have opened my pinboard in the last week, my eye immediately went to that one word "epic". I have been trying to find a place or a use for it in my life. As I was thinking about it, it finally came to me. Epic...it's a moment, a profound space in time that makes you stop and hold your breath for just a second, and say so that's what it's all about huh? As I defined the word in my mind it became a chance for me to reflect on my "EPIC" moments. You know how when people explain to you, that they had a so called a "near death experience" and their life flashed before their eyes. Well the flashes are those epic moments that stand out as being how they define who they are. I stopped to think what things have I accomplished that at the end of the day, when all is said and done, will flash before my eyes when my time is up. What were my EPIC moments.....
I came up with a few in no particular order, The day that my cousin came home from Florida, The day that my brother came home. When my grandfather died, The day that my Mom found out that she had MS. one late night conversation with my Mom, the birth of my children, my wedding day, a conversation with my husbands grandfather right before he passed, feeding my precious new baby on 9/11 as I watched a country change before my eyes, my babies walking for the first time, my god son asking me to be his godmother, and most recently the death of my dog, Jetta. These are just a few of the flashes that I will have, my Epic Moments. As my children grow, I am sure that I will have so many more life defining moments as I watch them grow..what are your EPIC moments.... PEACE OUT.....

No comments: