I got my toes in the water....ass in the sand...not a worry in the world...a cold beer in my hand...life is good today...life is good today...

Friday, September 23, 2011

on being a bartender...

....so I recently took a week off from work so that I could spend some time at home doing normal Mom stuff like cooking dinner every night and reading stories at bedtime...shit like that. Well I have decided that my kids are way better off if I work four nights a week. I don't know how so many women and I applaud you for this stay home all day and night with these little people. For the sake and sanity of my educated brain I am fairly certain I could not do it full time. I would def kill someone or myself. I have said before that i love my children with all of my heart, but man they are just dumb sometimes. I swear that every child enters a secret club that one of the rules is to see how far we can push our parents before they mentally snap. Now I know that I did it as a kid to my mom, so why should my kids be any different...those perfect little angels...HA!!!

My son who is six has taken to whining about well EVERYTHING!!! He must be getting initiated into the club and this is the first stage. But I will tell you he may not see 7....my daughter barely made it out this stage...by the skin of teeth. So I wish Brady luck on this journey but I will say this Megan didn't brake me so good luck...I WILL PREVAIL...

My daughter she is a whole other beast....she has started at 10 years old with the dirty looks as she walks away from you and the sneaky stupid stuff...like hiding a flashlight in her room so she can read at night, or playing her DS under the covers. She has learned however that when getting caught there will be consequences...However as soon as she gets caught she has learned how to turn on those tears and let the rivers flow...Again I have done this and she will not win...

as my week of vacation drew to a close I realized that I couldn't wait to go back to work, last night was my first night back. It took me approximately 3 hours before I had felt like I never left and wanted to physically put someone out of their misery. People are truly dumb,,,like the crazy lady who came in last night and proceeded to annoy me beyond comprehension. Or the man who looks at me like I am the idiot...when he is beyond rude.

My job is such a strange job when you think about it. I get paid to serve people which when said like that I guess I could be a politician. I serve people food and drinks...two things that most normal people can provide for by themselves. I look at my job and think how on Earth did this type of service come into play. When did someone decide I don't feel like pouring myself a drink let me pay someone else to. I get tipped for my service....or rather how well I put the drink in front of the person...weird. I also have learned that the more I insult people with the art of sarcasm perfected of course the more they like me. So I guess at work I have the best of both worlds, I can tell people off and still get paid for it...lol

Anyway just a thought on how I will not be taking any vacations.... unless I am flying on plane and sipping a fruity cocktail served to me by someone else....Peace Out!!!

No comments: