I got my toes in the water....ass in the sand...not a worry in the world...a cold beer in my hand...life is good today...life is good today...

Sunday, May 9, 2010

WHAT DID YOU SAY!!!!

Let me ask you this...why is it that when you get older you feel the sudden urge to yell instead of talk. I don't get it...are you going deaf, were you never heard as child, or are you just not able to control the sound of your own voice from making the other people's ears around you bleed.....

I had an awesome Mother's Day probably one of the best since I have had my kids, but I did notice that my family can not hold their alcohol. I made a pitcher of Sangria and I proceeded to pour 4 and a half glasses: one for me, one for my husbands aunt, one for my mother in law, one for my husband's 88 year old grandmother and a half a glass for my mother. A half glass because if my mother drinks more than a half a glass of anything that contains any type of alcohol she will pass out and fall on the ground drunk as a skunk.

So my mother in law drank her glass and proceeded to talk on decimal 10, which was kinda funny because she talks loud to begin with. My mother never said another word after her glass of sangria because I am convinced that she was drunk, and Scott's Aunt gave up on me after one and half glasses which is fairly disappointing considering she is usually the one who can keep up with me. So after all was said and done it was my husband's 88 year old grandmother who kept up with me and she had another glass of wine with her dinner....go Nana...

Speaking of Scott's grandmother she is awesome...not too many people that I can say about. The first time that I had her over my house for Christmas dinner, she pulled me aside and said everything looks beautiful dear except for that giant cobweb hanging from your ceiling. That was the day that I knew we had a lot in common....she packs no punches and takes no crap...love her!!! So she started to loose her hearing a few years back and she has a hearing aid, now I can sit next to her at dinner and talk to her in a normal voice and she can hear every word that I say and she responds in a normal voice...here's the funny part everyone else feels the need to yell at her whatever it is that they want her to hear...and I think that it pisses her off and she messes with them and just doesn't answer them....her response would be what did you say dear...it cracks me up. I think that maybe she turns done her hearing aids at times because she couldn't care less what the hell everyone is bitching about. I mean she is 88 years old, she doesn't give a shit what you are going to get paid from social security when you are 63, she's got her share so she says o wait boring conversation I am not wasting my battery in my hearing aid for this crap....and she turns that damn thing off lol I know she does it!!! and I love it!!!

Now my father in law who can usually drink anyone under the table, has been a total disappointment. This man could easily start drinking a beer at 11 in the morning and continue to drink until 11 at night back in the day and not even catch a buzz...many a man has bowed to the power of Dickie...At the past few family events he has shown cracks in his armor. It is humorous to watch though because when my father in law gets drunk he can not stop himself from spewing out dumb jokes that only he laughs at. and my mother in law gets instantly aggravated with him..so what do I do...let me tell you I give him as much shit as possible because that makes me laugh. And he gets in trouble...LMAO!!!

Anyway as I sit here typing I can hear them bickering in the other room about how my father in laws contact is bothering him and my mother in law is yelling at him repeatedly to just throw it away....lol ha ha ha maybe they are both still drunk...lmao In which case I gotta go and cause some trouble....

Night all...PEACE OUT!!!

No comments: