I got my toes in the water....ass in the sand...not a worry in the world...a cold beer in my hand...life is good today...life is good today...

Friday, May 7, 2010

those damn Peanuts....get me everytime!!!

So I just recently figured out a few things....Number one, I am not getting wiser as I age, I am just getting older. Number two, I am never going to be 5'3" no matter how many times I lie about it on my license and number three, I never want to relive the fashion styles of the 80's.... who does dammit I mean really I understand that things go out of style and a few decades later they come back into style again. They are a little changed, but it's basically the same concept. But for those of us who lived through the 80's, we know that there was nothing worse than aqua-netted big hair, neon bum sweatshirts and bandanas with concert pins around our necks and the Punky Brewster socks.... and for those of you who don't know what the Punky Brewster socks are let me enlightened you. You take as many pair of socks all different colors and you stuff your jeans into them and layer the socks up your legs so that every color is visible. Great idea the only problem is that you are now wearing 16 pairs of socks on each foot and your shoes don't fit...so you jam your foot into your shoe and walk around like lurch leaning forward to gain balance so you don't fall over....the outcome is that your have toes that look like mine and somewhere down the line probably bunyans...

Now the people of the 80's recognized that this was a problem...so what did they do they created the leg warmer....wow what a concept you can wear the layered look without cutting off circulation to your lower extremities....and also your legs are so tightly wrapped that you are working towards preventing varcous veins in the future....problem solved right....

Let's talk about the parachute pants for a second....now we were smart enough in the 80's to know where our waistline was...we didn't wear our pants down around our knees...I mean how do those even stay up anyway? However these pants had about 37 zippers that didn't have pockets attached to them...and if you unzipped some of the zippers you were cooler than most....as I go out shopping and I look around the malls I realize that some of these things are coming back....well I am taking a stand I refuse to do it again....we had skinny jeans before....my decade originated them by using the tight roll....

Totally different subject I just recently figured out the whole peanuts, snoopy thing. I must've had to grow up to get it....I remember as a kid watching the show and thinking to myself I wonder what the hell that teacher is saying.....but I get it now!! I couldn't figure out what she said because I was kid. Kids are like husbands they hear what they want to hear and the rest is simply.....blah ma ma am ma.....blah....they don't care what the words are they just yeah you to DEATH!!! I could be yelling directly into my kids face and after I was finished they would say ummm what did you say??? I get it now..Charles Shlutz you are a genius!!

Charlie Brown you are never going to kick that football....I am Lucy and the reason being is this. Because no matter how many times you try to kick that football I will always pull it out from underneath you because to me it's funny....and that's the game of life. Charlie Brown lives in all of us...every time we think that their could be something positive about to happen in rushes Lucy to pull the football away and we fall flat on our backs...but like Charlie Brown we get right back up and try again....

PEACE......

No comments: