I got my toes in the water....ass in the sand...not a worry in the world...a cold beer in my hand...life is good today...life is good today...

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

ahhhhh the dreaded wing nite....

ok so you know that I am a bartender and that I work at a Sports bar......but what you don't know is the insanity that is wing nite. Every Tuesday night, we have 35 cent wings. We are known for our wings. IT IS COMPLETE INSANITY....35 cent wings and 2.00 moosehead drafts. We are right down the street from Salem State so we are a college bar. The kids that come in are for the most part great and they tip really well, but alas I can not stand wing nite.

They can order wings in any way that they choose. We have about nine different flavors and they can mix and match. Some people will be normal and order like 10 wings and get some of them teriyaki and some of them honey bbq. Then there are the jackasses who order one teriyaki, one bbq, one thai, and o can I have a side of blue cheese and side of ranch and o yeah can I get two napkins and a wet nap and one ice cube in my drink. so three wings and a drink with one ice cube...AHHH my life as a bartender...

I had this chick last night order a drink and get carded. She did not have proper id so she was denied her drink. Her friend comes to the bar and orders a drink which conviently was the same drink that her friend just ordered. So I carded this girl who had the right id, gave her the drink and then became a detective. I watched the second girl take the drink back to the table and put it down in between them. The first girl then picks up the drink and takes a sip. I go over to the table and take the drink away and say hey did I just not ten seconds ago tell you that you couldn't get a drink. And she says o I thought that meant that I couldn't drink at the bar....HAHAHAHA really are you not even kidding me? So I took great pleasure in throwing both of them out the door!!!!

Then I get this dude come in and he hands me an id, the id scans he orders a moosehead, I give it to him. He says hey what's your name? I said Michelle he goes (LOL) my name is Kyle.... I said really cause your id saus that your name is Ryan...He goes o Kyle is my middle name...so I start laughing and I say give me your id. He hands me his id I say what's your address? He goes it's 7 whatever Street....and I say WRONG IT'S 15 WHATEVER STREET NOW GET THE HELL OUT YOU IDIOT....all he had to do was shut his mouth he already passed with the fake id I didn't catch him and he messed up what a jackass!!!

ahhhh wing night.....if you have ever worked a bar in your life you can relate....if you have ever drank at a bar you can relate....I hate stupid people, but for the sake of argument they certainly give everyone something to laugh about.....

PEACE, LOVE AND BLACK LIGHTS....

No comments: