I got my toes in the water....ass in the sand...not a worry in the world...a cold beer in my hand...life is good today...life is good today...

Friday, April 9, 2010

WOW...WHO KNEW!!!

It's weird how you think that you know somebody and BANG!!! They totally surprise you....

I was at work last night, I started to have a conversation with a friend and his wife. Now my friend I have known for almost nine years...great guy always there to help me out. He was the first person to know that I was pregnant with my son...thanks to my husband. He got married this year. Personally I never thought that he would ever marry someone that was his age...he was notorious for dating chicks who were half his age. Most of them were not only half his age, but also had half a brain. This is something that he would agree with me about. His new wife I have known for a couple of years...she's great. Beautiful, successful, and smart that being the key. Totally keeps him in line and that is def something that he needed. I knew that they would get married. They eloped this year, my husband knew his secret, but told him not to tell me.

I always thought of his wife as a pretty straight laced woman. Last night I learned so much about her that I never would have expected. My friend it turns out has married a very interesting person. As it turns out when she was in college, she moved to San Francisco with her friend to stay with her friend's parents. Which is all well and good and not to exciting...until I tell you that her friends dad is none other than DAN NEELEY....that's right the Dan Neeley...For those of you who are not familiar with the name, let me help you out. He was the manager for the Grateful Dead for about 20 years. Now she could've said any other band in the world and my attention would have been lost, however I stopped dead in my tracks because for those of you who know me will remember that The Grateful Dead is sacred to me...Some of the best summers of my life I spent with friends seeing the Dead.

Come to find out my friend's wife toured with them on the West Coast and she had stories to tell that I would never have known. She traveled by tour bus with the whole band to shows in Oakland, San Francisco, Las Vegas, etc...I guess that my point is that when looking at person we never know the stories that they have to tell. Everybody has something that makes them unique. Sometimes it just takes a little time to find out what it is that makes them interesting. Now I am not saying that is the only thing that makes her unique, but to me we share something in common that I never in a million years would have guessed.

It takes one glance to make a judgement about someone....but it takes a life time to really get to know them. My job has introduced me to some really great people, who otherwise I would never met or even talked to....

Peace....

No comments: